Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Midnight Conversation

The snow was blowing.

The wind was howling.

My 4 year old was crying.

I went to investigate what was wrong.

Him: "Owwww......(cries)......owwww......(cries louder)......"

Me: "What hurts?"

Him: "I don't know!"

Me: "Does your tummy hurt?"

Him: "Yes......(cries).....no.....(coughs)......maybe.....(coughs some more)...."

Me: "Do you feel like you are going to throw up?"

Him: "No. Well, I don't think so."

Me: Grabs trash can.

Him: "I just wanna build my own guy!"

Me: "What?"

Him: "I Just Wanna Build My Own Guy!"

Me: "You just want to build your own guy??"

Him: "YES! I JUST WANNA BUILD MY OWN GUY!!"

Me: "With what?"

Him: "I don't know!"

Fast forward one hour....one hour filled with intermittent crying, sleeping, whimpering, and me trying to figure out what in the world building his own guy had to do with anything......

Him: "Mom? My throat hurts. I think I need some medicine and some sprite."

OK!! Drugs and pop coming up! Anything for sleep. Would you like some fries with that?

Worked like magic.

And I'm happy to report that he is not sick.

However, I am TIRED.

No comments: