Saturday, February 19, 2011

Haircuts Anyone??

Days and days of snow and ice, plus a crazy busy schedule on days that we aren't snowed in, result in this...


In my defense, I did make them appointments and drive them 15 minutes to the Barber Shop where they get their hair cut.

We walked in and waited for Luke to appear from the back room. When he emerged, he looked so pale I thought he might vomit or pass out right there in front of us.

Since he is former student of mine, I went into major teacher mode. "Are you ok? You look like you aren't feeling well." I'm a little surprised that I stopped before telling him he should go to the office to get checked for a fever.

He admitted he wasn't doing so great, but thought he could make it through a couple more haircuts.

I graciously said I wouldn't mind if we had to come back another day, and suggested that he maybe think about going home (interpret to read -- "There is no way I am having you stand inches away from my kids for 30 minutes, touch their heads, and breathe all over them!").

He took me up on the offer and was practically out the door faster than we were. I am still wondering if he ever even canceled the six people on his list after us.

Seventeen inches of snow later, we still haven't been back.

Which brings me to a new dilemma.....My boys now think their hair is cool and do not want it cut "ever again".

I knew the day would come when they would start forming their own opinions about these things. I was just hoping it wouldn't be for at least another 10 years.

No comments: