Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Divine Inspiration

Tonight when I picked up my three year old from church, he came running to me with a cute little headband with pointy ears on his head. If you have ever met my little guy before, you know there is a good chance something entertaining will accompany his new look.

Me: Oh, look at you! (Isn't that what every mom says?). What are you?

Him: A donkey!

Me: Did you learn about a Bible story with a donkey in it?

Him: Yes!

Me: Was someone riding on the donkey? (At this point I'm thinking we are getting a really early start on Christmas, or it's gonna be Balaam.)

Him: Umm....Bail-ham.

Me: Balaam?

Him: Yes!

Me: What happened in the story?

Him: I don't know. Oh! There was an angel!

Me: What did the angel do?

Him: The angel told the donkey to TALK!!

Me: Wow! So did the donkey really talk?

Him: YES! The donkey talked!

Me: What did the donkey say?

Him: (long pause...) HEEEE-HAAWWWW!! HEEEE-HAAAWWWW!!!

No comments: