Saturday, November 28, 2009

Catching Up...Again

I feel like this is all I do....play catch up.

I catch up on the laundry, catch up on getting the house clean again, and catch up with friends whom I haven't talked with for awhile.

And once again, I am playing catch up online. To keep it short, here are the bests and worsts of the past week.

Worst Moment - Grandma forgot to pick up my boys from preschool and the bus stop on Tuesday. Long story. Lots of panic. Turns out God really does take care of the details! There were way too many weird things for it to all be coincidental.

Best Moment - Black Friday shopping with my husband. We didn't go crazy early, but we still saw a lot of crazy people.

Worst Food - Definitely sauerkraut. Ick.

Best Food - Better be mom's cherry pie on Sunday. My favorite!

Worse "First" - Life wouldn't be complete without a dog issue. I finally, finally, finally got a leash on the dog. We walked around for a little bit and then she freaked out. The good news is I was able to hold onto her leash. The bad news is she somehow slipped right out of her collar, which was, of course, attached to the leash. Back to square one. AGAIN.

Best "First" - I wasn't sure about this one, so I asked my boys. They knew the answer right away - their first trip to Build-a-Bear. They had gift cards to use, which helped defray the large amount of money it takes to stuff a bear. They loved the trip, and their excitement was contagious....until the lady who checked us out told us that they could register their pets at buildabearville.com. I am probably the only U.S. citizen who did not know this, but seriously? Another virtual pet? Forgive me for sounding old, but can we not just take home a nice little teddy bear?

I just spent the last two-and-a-half hours online trying to figure out the Build-a-bear world. That's exactly what I had on my agenda this morning.

I'm hoping for a better "first" sometime in the next two days. Stay tuned....

No comments: