Friday, October 9, 2009

I Love Fridays!

Fridays are my day off...in theory. This is the first Friday of the school year that I have actually stayed home the entire day. Not that I have worked on ALL those other Fridays, I just haven't stayed home.

If you would walk in my front door right now, you would never believe I actually spent much of my morning cleaning, but here was my coveted day off. I have to record it for my own personal benefit, because who knows when it will ever happen again.
  • Mopped 2 bathroom floors
  • Vacuumed carpets
  • Scrubbed 1 shower
  • Chatted on Facebook (While cleaning, of course.)
  • Cleaned mirrors
  • Dusted
  • Returned phone calls
  • Swept kitchen floor
  • Washed laundry
  • Folded laundry
  • Put away laundry (Yes, that deserves three bullet points. All three of those steps in one day is a pretty big accomplishment around here.)
  • Began organizing bookshelves in the playroom. Now it looks like a war zone, but progress is in the works.
  • Chatted some more on Facebook.
  • Built a Bob the Builder set.
  • Worked on accreditation.
  • Cooked 3 meals. Real meals.
  • "Played" Connect Four with the 3 year old.
  • Organized the boy's sock and underwear drawers.
  • Built a racetrack.
  • Read books to my son.

Here is my 3 yo "helping" me mop the bathroom floor. It lasted for about 45 seconds.

In case you are confused, those are ski bibs and snowboots that he is wearing. Not because he is preparing for the arctic blast hitting us this weekend, but because he asks us approximately every 13 hours when we are going to take him snow-skiing. Not that he knows what snow-skiing is, or how to do it; he just knows that daddy skis, it involves snow, and you get to wear those cool blue 'overalls' that he begs for every.single.day.

Personally, the thought of him careening down a mountain on skis makes me want to wait a few more years to go. Like about 30.

1 comment:

carolyn said...

hahaha... yay for being productive!!! you get some kudos! and your little "helper" looks super excited to be helping you...