Friday, April 24, 2009

Not Enough Time

Typically when I neglect my blog, it is because I don't have anything to write about. However, this week things have been happening each day that make me think "I should write that one down so I can remember it...". But by midnight each night, after all the lesson plans and grading and report writing (and maybe a little facebook chatting) are finished, my brain just can't make sense of itself.


For the sake of "writing it down", here are the highlights of our week.

~On Sunday we celebrated our friends' son's first communion. We have several friends who are catholic, so mass was not new to us, but this was my 6 yo's first experience. Oh, the questions! He kept asking me if they were getting ready to do a skit. I kept telling him no, and finally he asked, "Then why are the two guys up front wearing those fancy robes and why are the three girls dressed up like angels?" I think we made it through that answer, but I am STILL trying to explain the holy water.

~On Monday, my 3 year old discovered that he is FINALLY tall enough (almost, just barely, soooo close) to ride his tricycle...if someone gives him a little push. Or if he's going downhill. Or if he just gets lucky. All other times include much screaming and tantrum throwing.

~A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that our dentist was fairly successful in getting our 3 yo to stop sucking his thumb. However, we started noticing that he was sneaking in a thumb fix late at night and during naps. At the same time he developed this nasty little wart on his thumb. So, we fixed that problem right up with some medicine, bandaids, and athletic tape to make sure the bandaid stayed on. Two hours later I walked into his room while he was sleeping, and what did I find? Sure enough, he was sucking the thumb that we had doctored up. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or call poison control. Instead, I slept on his floor the entire night to make sure he didn't overdose himself by sucking in too much wart medicine.

And my favorite quote of the week from the 3 yo while sitting on the toilet: "Wait, I'm not done yet. My poop is just BEGGING to come out!"

No comments: