Sunday, December 1, 2013

Blink....And It Is Over


Thanksgiving Break has come and gone.

It is always so slow to arrive....and so quick to fly by.

I was unsure about how this one would play out, but armed with my TENS unit, Kinesio tape, and Advil, we set out for Branson on Tuesday.  My back cooperated with adequate decency.

The GPS, however, did not.

Turns out, it does not know its way to Branson.

It also does not know when bridges are out and 30 mile detours are involved.

Note to self: Do not rely on the GPS.

We eventually made it to Branson and enjoyed a few days away with the family.  It seems that everywhere we went, photography was prohibited, so we have very little proof that we actually did anything on our mini-vacation.

But, we did go here...

and saw this...

 

...which was amazing.  We also went here...


and educated ourselves on the events surrounding the sinking of the Titanic.  

I can honestly say that I have never spent Thanksgiving morning touring through a museum.  

However, as museums go, this one was pretty cool.

Here we are discovering which Titanic passenger we were for the morning.  

 

I am happy to report that 10 of the 12 of us survived the tragedy.  

My husband and father-in-law did not fair so well.  They perished when the ship went down.

And in other news....

We attempted some serious Black Friday shopping in the metropolis of Branson.  "We" meaning my dear husband and I.  No one else in our crew ventured out in the madness.  

We have always said that the key to Black Friday shopping is to go with no expectations and be thankful for whatever items you happen to get.  More often than not, we get everything we set out for.

Until this year.

This year was strike out city.

My husband stood outside in the freezing cold for almost two hours waiting to get a camera at Target. He was the first one to arrive in electronics and ask for the camera in the advertisement.  Their answer: "I'm sorry, we didn't get any of those at this store." 

Seriously? If it is in the ad, shouldn't each store at least have ONE?

I had to keep reminding myself...no expectations...no expectations.

Which is a lot easier when hundreds of dollars of savings is not involved!

Aside from those moments, it was a great break with good family time, which is something you can never put a price tag on.





No comments: