Sunday, December 22, 2013

Snow Much Fun

Corny title, but I couldn't resist. 

I'm pretty sure that phrase is in every scrapbook across the nation.

The boys begged to go sledding this afternoon, so we decided to start Christmas a little early and hauled up a big box from the basement.  They could not figure out why we would be letting them open a Christmas gift today. However, we thought it was a bit crazy to go sledding with one tiny sled when there was another one sitting there waiting for Christmas Day.

We started on the typical 30 minute routine just to get everyone decked out in 12,000 layers of clothing. 

I was the last one out, and when I walked outside, all three males in my family started laughing.

Apparently I need to invest in some snow gear of my own. Wearing my husband's snow apparel turns me into the abominable snowmom. 

My husband's exact words...while he was trying to stop laughing...were, "Don't hate me, but you look like you weigh about 300 pounds."

This is why I love my family.

They are great self-esteem boosters.


Here they are, breaking in the new snow.  Down the hill...

again....


and again.

 

If only there were ski lifts to get back up.
 
 

When traditional sledding gets too boring, we surf-sled.




While mom and dad (especially dad) pray for no broken bones during basketball season.

No comments: