Monday, November 25, 2013

Speechless

Really, I am...

Speechless.

Which is rare for me, because I really like to talk.

Yesterday I posted a facebook status asking for prayers.  My back does not realize that it is only 38 years old; unfortunately, it thinks it is more like 95.  I was scheduled to present at a conference today, and at the time of the post, my preferred mode of transportation was crawling around on all fours.

After that came a flood of friends.

Comments and personal messages filled with prayers.

Phone calls to check on me.

Advice and ideas on what might work for the fastest and best relief.

One friend and colleague called and offered her TENS unit.  She even changed out of her pajamas to drive halfway to meet my husband to give it to him! 

That is what you call going above and beyond.

This morning I was still h.u.r.t.i.n.g.

I called and made an appointment, and subjected myself to some intense chiropractic torture.  Fifteen minutes later I was outfitted with Kinesio tape and wired with electrodes and was sent on my merry way.

I made it to the conference -- late, but better than nothing.

I'm still not sure if that was a smart idea or not. I'm paying the price a bit tonight.

But the second I got there, colleagues swooped in and wouldn't let me carry anything around. 

Really, they are amazing.

And when I got home tonight, there was a message on my answering machine from our pastor's wife offering to come help me do laundry and get things taken care of around the house.

Wow.

This Thanksgiving....I am thankful for caring people. 

You all make me smile.

No comments: