Friday, August 2, 2013

The Dangers of Blogging

Recently I wrote a post about my place of employment.

That is typically a huge blogging no-no, but in this case, I was sharing what a great "family" I have worked with over my many years at school. 

I even had my boss read it ahead of time to make sure that it didn't read like I had one foot out of the door, and to make sure there were no negative connotations that could be read into it.
 

However, just today I got a text from someone who asked if there was something going on that I wasn't sharing.

I asked why.

She mentioned the blog.

And then I discovered that my post said I was feeling nostalgic about a new school.

What it really was supposed to say is that I was feeling nostalgic about a new school YEAR.

Funny how one little word (or the lack of) can so drastically change the meaning of  a sentence.

It's true that I don't know what God has in store for the future.

It's true that life in general or my son's health issues may cause some changes to occur.

But I definitely did not mean to insinuate that I am longing for a new school!

So, I apologize to those I may have confused.

And I wil attempt 2 edit bettr in thee futurre. 




No comments: