Sunday, August 18, 2013

.....And Now We Have A Snake

Three weeks ago we came home from the lake with a lizard.

Much to our surprise, Speedy is still alive and kickin'.

A week ago my little guy caught 14 tadpoles at our pond.  They came home in a galvanized tub and have been swimming around in our garage.  We aren't overly optimistic that there are still 14, but we are pretending all is well.

Four days ago grandpa found a turtle in his garage.  We were {insert extreme sarcasm here} so fortunate that my kids were spending the day at grandpa and grandma's house so the turtle could come home to our house.

We have become a regular zoo around here.

But yesterday was the icing on the cake.

I was leaving a conference when I got a text from my husband...

Him: "I never ever thought I would do it, but today I did it for my son."

Unfortunately, I had a feeling that I knew exactly what he was talking about.  I wrote back:

Me: "You caught a snake?"

Him: "Yep.  Put it in a bucket for him."

Me: "Please tell me you did not tell him that he could keep it."

Him:  "Uhhh....."

This is getting serious, folks.  So serious I had to detour to Maurices to do a little post-panic shopping.

Well....that is sort-of the truth.  I had to return some shoes at Famous Footwear, which just so happened to be located right across from Maurices.  It really would have been a shame not to go in and browse {spend} a bit {a lot}.

The situation got even better last night when my 7 year old said, "Who thinks the snake should come in the house?! All in favor, say 'Aye'".

Imagine my shock when I heard my husband say, "Aye"!

I think I fell to the floor.

Or I may have knocked him to the floor; I am not sure which.

After about .2 seconds of discussion (and when I say "discussion", I mean me saying, "You have got to be kidding me!!!  Does anyone remember the frog that we haven't found yet?!?), it was determined that the snake would not come into the house.

Which was good, because I really didn't want to have to find a new residence.

It's me or the snake living in this house; however, I was careful not to voice that to my son.

If he was given the option, I'm thinking there is a good chance the snake would have been reclining on my pillow sipping a glass of lemonade.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

HILARIOUS!!! You are a good momma!