Saturday, February 11, 2012

Somebody Please Hide The Sugar...

....and the bread.
....and the processed foods.
....and everything else that I am craving that I shouldn't be eating.

Back in December a friend of mine threw out a question on Facebook..."Would anyone be interested in doing a Biggest Loser competition starting in January?"

I debated for a bit, and then said yes.  So did 95 others.

I have been battling 10-15 pounds that I lost and then found again, plus 5-10 more that have been obstinate enough to never go away.  However, more than the numbers on the scale, I was tired of not fitting into clothes that I once wore. 

So I decided to jump in.

The initial weigh in was Jan. 2.  After lunch.  This is important.

The first check-point weigh-in was Jan. 21.  The scale showed that I lost 7 lbs.  At first I was celebrating my victory. 

But then it hit me that it was 7:30 in the morning.  Before Breakfast. 

After lunch....before breakfast....and I soon realized that my 7 lbs was really not 7 lbs at all.  More like 4....maybe.

Fast forward 3 more weeks.  Today was our second weigh-in.  If you don't weigh in or if you don't lose weight, you have to pay $5 to the prize money pot. 

The past 3 weeks have been....well....let's just say I put my $5 in my pocket and headed off to the weigh in.  I nearly skipped it altogether, but my very frugal husband said no way - just in case I had lost some weight since the last weigh-in and didn't have to pay. 

The good news:  I didn't have to pay.
The bad news:  In THREE weeks time I lost 1/2 of a pound.  Half.a.pound. 

Sheesh.  Somebody needs a personal trainer.

At this rate, I may reach my goal by June...

of 2014.

1 comment:

kranberry216 said...

I know a personal trainer. ;) Remember that it takes time...slow and steady wins the race. I think my weight watchers mentor taught me that.