Saturday, September 3, 2011

September....Finally

Reminders from the last couple of weeks....

*I like school, but August might just be my new least favorite month of the year.  Too busy, too much work, too many babysitters for the kids, too hot, too tired to do a good job of transitioning schedules.

*My 8 year old was filling out a "What's the Scoop?" page for his 3rd grade teacher on Thursday night.  It was full of statements like, "I am good at __________", and "I wish I could meet _________".  My son was doing pretty well until he hit, "Life is __________".  His first words were "not good".  I tried (fairly unsuccessfully) to hide my shock and tried to explore this statement a bit.  What I got was plenty of tears and no explanation.  My heart started breaking a little.

*The Sunday School class I am going to just started The 5 Love Languages of Children.  The VERY FIRST PAGE held a story about a 3rd grade boy who was withdrawing, acting up at school, and struggling at home.  When the parents were asked if anything had changed in the home, the mother shared that she had just gone back to work full time for the first time in years.  Rip.My.Heart.Out.

*My son's primary love language is quality time.  Time......time.....time.  No decisions made yet, because I don't tend to be a rash decision maker, but the Master's classes may have to be put on hold.

*On a completely different note, here is a piece of advice.  When your clothes are feeling a little tight, and your upper arms are waving goodbye long after your hand is finished, and you think about asking your weight-lifting husband to design a program to help you get back in shape...don't do it.  OUCH.  Go somewhere else.  Get a trainer.  Pay the money.  It will be easier to fire the guy. 


1 comment:

kranberry216 said...

Hey, I know a great personal trainer! ;) I'm sorry Z is struggling - but you are a GREAT mom to recognize it and have the instant maternal instinct to do something about his need for TIME. You'll know what to do, and when.