Friday, September 16, 2011

What Are We Thinking????

Like Father....

(It's been nice knowing you.  He is going to kill me when he sees this.)


Like Son.

Minus the mullet.


Here is how it started...

Two weeks ago on Sunday we were walking through Walmart.  My five year old said, "I want one of those!" while pointing to the battery powered toy motorcycles.  My eight year old put in his two cents, "Yeah, Dad, we have a big yard, it would be so fun to drive around with that.

My husband told my eight year old that he was too big for one of those, and what he really needed was a dirt bike. 

I thought he was kidding. 

I also didn't give it too much thought because my husband is....ummmm....a saver of money.  Careful.  Cautious.  Thrifty. 

What I forgot to take into consideration is that my husband grew up with three wheelers and motorcycles.  His dad built him a three wheeling track complete with hills and jumps. 

Nevermind that he nearly died from a three-wheeling accident when he was in fifth grade.  We won't focus on that little fact.

So, Sunday the conversation started.  Wednesday they went to the motorcycle store.  Saturday the purchase was made.  And now we have this. 


My parents aren't sharing much of an opinion, which speaks for itself.  My MIL said, "I can't believe you allowed him to buy that."  My son is elated.  And there are 37 and 70 year old little boys outside freezing their rears off, having the time of their lives.....building a track complete with hills and jumps. 

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh, Rhonda. That mullet pic is priceless! Best wishes and prayers for all the boys' safe fun : )

~Kristin~ said...

First off...the hair. Killing me.
Second....I will not speak nor show these pictures to any of my boys. Big or small. The begging would never end!