Friday, December 31, 2010

What I Learned In 2010

I took a little time to skim through my posts this year and discovered I learned a thing or two about myself. Here goes...

  1. I made two resolutions last year - TWO! - and did not even come close to meeting either one of them.
  2. My grandpa was a pretty great man. I already knew this, but I was reminded of that this year even more.
  3. My four year old thinks he's allergic to light. He also thinks he doesn't have to obey when he's sick, and that all people in nursing homes look like they are "about to go to heaven". I think I will avoid visiting nursing homes with him for a few years yet.
  4. It is a MISERABLE feeling to lose your wedding ring, but, oh, the JOY that follows when you find it!
  5. Writing curriculum for a computer class is about the least favorite things I've ever done, and I've done a lot of not-very-fun things. Mind you, I did not say that my computer CLASS is my least favorite, just writing the curriculum. Let's not get those two things confused. (Next quarter I may just teach them how to create a blog, so one can never be too careful!)
  6. I am nearly the last person left on earth under 50 (possible slight exaggeration) who does not have internet access on their phone.
  7. I must have been D.R.E.A.M.I.N.G when I wrote my 40 before 40 list. Maybe 40 before 80. More like "40-I-wish-I-could-maybe-possibly-accomplish-sort-of-before 80.
  8. Summer was BUSY. No wonder it flew by so quickly.
  9. At first I thought this was a fairly "typical" year, but I was wrong -- school accreditation, new neighbors moved in across the road, serving on another accreditation team, my grandfather passed away, my brother moved to Oregon, I started teaching two classes at the very last minute, 7 week maternity leave sub...no wonder I'm tired.
  10. Bye Bye 2010!!

No comments: