Monday, December 13, 2010

First Christmas Program

My four year old had his preschool Christmas program yesterday. I had no idea what to expect. I would not have been shocked if he would have cried through the entire thing. I would also not have been shocked if he would have run circles around everyone on stage while making obnoxious pig noises.

I did not expect this.

Pure boredom.
Is he really yawning? At first I thought he was actually singing, but I am pretty sure he did not have a solo. The other kids have the actions going on, but it doesn't seem to be a singing moment.

But hold on to your hats (or in this case, stars), because nothing ends boredom like glittery stars! I wish I had the time and talent to post a video of this, because his star had to moving at roughly 100 mph in a 30 mph zone.


And just for the cuteness factor, check out these reindeer hats. Guaranteed to make your nose itch so you will swat at the ball 54 times during "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer".


On a side note, I believe every kid's Christmas program should have have a staff member completely in charge of clothing. Her title could be "Director of Making Sure the Children Arrive On Stage Looking the Same as when their Parents Dropped them Off." I spent ten painful, grueling minutes getting that shirt tucked in just right. The poor child will be devastated when he realizes no one saw that amazing belt he was so proud of.

But, all in all, it was a fantastic program!

All 16 minutes of it!

In complete seriousness, kudos to those who made it all happen. It takes a special person with a special talent to teach preschool....and still smile!

No comments: