Friday, July 3, 2009

Wake Up and Listen

Me: Gripe, gripe, grip....more bean picking...gripe, gripe, gripe....Flood insurance nightmare....gripe, gripe, gripe...


My 6 yo: Singing at the top of his lungs, "The Word of the Lord is true, we can trust Him, we can trust Him..."


Me: Complain, gripe, complain...field work...school work...gripe, gripe

My 6 yo: Belts out, "I get down, He lifts me up, I get down, He lifts me up..."

Me: Complain...too much cleaning....gripe...kids are fighting...gripe

My 6 yo: "You're powerful! You're unshakeable!"

Funny thing is, I was just saying the other day that I don't usually hear God, and don't know when He is speaking to me. It seems like maybe I should pay a little more attention to what is going on around me! The very same day I had a friend tell me to read Psalm 119 in The Message. What a blessing it was. It's long, but a very worthwhile read.

Blessings to you this 4th of July weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kids are funny like that... remember when i told you that i was having trouble seeing God lately? and then it rained with blue skies all around us? it was then that i knew what that He was around... i guess... just gave me something to think about...