Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lazy Days of Summer?

SATURDAY--

Family fishing day at the pond behind our house. The 3 yo caught his first fish ever. He's so proud!

It was time to go, so the 6 yo was reeling in his line. It got harder and harder the longer he did it. "I think I have a fish! Help me!"

"It's a fish!"

"No, nevermind. It's just a snag."

"No! It's a fish!"



SUNDAY--

Worst stomach pain I've had since miscarriages and childbirth. But at least back then I knew what was causing it! We almost headed to the ER, but the pain gradually started subsiding. My mom's guess: gallbladder.


MONDAY--

Drs. appointment to see what is going one. Result - gallbladder sonogram.
I came home to this. I'm sure after all these years, I should be used to this, but for some reason, I am just NOT.


Also on Monday, I once again became the sole female in a house full of boys. The girl who had been staying with us for the past nine months moved into her very first apartment. I hope she loves her independence as much as I did at that age! I sound so old. Oh, to be 20 again....

TUESDAY--Beans. Corn. A swollen black eye for the 3 yo after a run-in with a baseball bat.

WEDNESDAY--Gallbladder sono. We are hoping for results on Thursday.

TODAY--Leaving for girls' weekend in Illinois!!!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

oh! That fire looks so scary. I would NEVER get used to that. Cute pics of your cute boys. Have a wonderful time this weekend!

Anonymous said...

i wish i coulda saw the fire... haha. :) don't worry... i'm sure the other female will come back and visit whenever the boys want... or whenever you need a movie buddy... :) tee hee... have a great weekend!

LR said...

Oh how I miss those days fishing at the farm!!! I'm guessing you all still keep it stocked...those fish looked like a pretty good size!!! Sounds like fun! Fire...not so cool!!! Hope you get to feeling better!!!