Saturday, May 2, 2009

Is it summer YET?

I decided today I am pretty much done with this cold, rainy weather. I guess we shouldn't expect anything else considering we had many, many 65 degree days this winter. We knew at some point it would get cold. I was just hoping it wouldn't be in May.

I am looking forward to summer for SO many reasons. Here are a few:

*No lesson planning or grading.

*No six a.m. alarm clocks.

*My anniversary.

*Family trip to Branson.

*My dear friend who has put up with me my entire life (who also happens to be my cousin) is coming to spend 7 entire days with me!

*My birthday.

*I have the privilege of working with a very cool little boy who I know will capture my heart even more than he already has.

*Can you say GIRLS WEEKEND?? Four days of kid-free shopping, hanging out, and relaxing!

*This will be the first summer that our fathers are retired instead of working 40+ hours a week. This equals more time with grandpa at the lake and less field work for my husband to do!

*As a result, I will get more time with my husband!

Twenty days and counting...

No comments: