Saturday, May 23, 2009

Who Woulda Thunk It

My three year old loves dinosaurs. LOVES them. He has little toy dinosaurs, big toy dinosaurs, and every size in between. Ask him who is the king of the dinosaurs, he'll tell you it's a T-Rex. Ask him which one has spikes on his back, he'll tell you a stegosaurus. Ask him his favorite dinosaur, he'll say a Pentaceratops.

But when he started calling himself a Strufiominus, I knew he'd lost his little mind. For weeks I've been telling him there is no such thing as a Strufiominus. He said yes there was, and he could run fast. I've been insisting that no, there wasn't, but he could pretend if he wanted to.

Then yesterday I happened to walk through the room when he was watching the dinosaur video for the 45th time this month. And guess what I heard? Sure enough, they were talking about a dinosaur that ran like an ostrich. And its name? Struthiomimus. My son's pronunciation was not quite accurate, but it was close enough for me to admit defeat. I even googled it. Yep, it's true.

So, to my dear little son, I am sure that I will question you about MANY, MANY things during your lifetime, but never again will I question you about dinosaur facts. If you say it, I'll believe it.
Promise. Because, honestly, I won't know if it's true anyway.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Never argue with kids and their "thing" cause they win.