Monday, February 23, 2009

Latest Happenings


  • I made it through the big chili feed and birthday party and spent last week getting ready for parent-teacher conferences.
  • I survived two days of conferences in a very cold auditorium. The first day I froze. The second day I wore two pairs of socks, long johns under my pants (yes, I really did), three shirts, and a sweater. And I had a space heater by my feet. NO exaggeration. I did take off my gloves when a parent came to talk to me.
  • We went to see my sister-in-law, nephew, and niece in Beauty and the Beast on Saturday night. It amazed me. There are some really talented people around here who disguise themselves as social workers, teachers, and insurance agents.
  • Today I was a true mom. I babysat, glued puzzles together, organized coupons, took my child to the doctor for a well-check, finished grading papers, and remembered at 7:00 tonight that I had to bake two pies for the school fundraiser tomorrow. Ugh.
  • My sister-in-law called at 7:20 and said, "You should have called me. I have pies in the freezer!" Pies in the freezer? Who does that? Oh yeah, she and her mom both do that. WHY did I not think to call one of them?
  • At 7:25 I realized I didn't have enough flour to finish both pies. I nearly called pie 911, but I didn't need one more reason for them to laugh at me. I sent my husband to the store.
  • My house does have a nice pie aroma at the moment.
  • I could have lit a candle for the same effect.

2 comments:

Casey said...

Remember how you asked me yesterday if there was anything you could do to help? Oh C$@P!! I completely forgot about the pies!! You could've reminded me...:o)

flute4peace said...

Three guesses on who has pies in their freezer - I'll bet I know!

I have a pie in my freezer, too - in fact, it's even still in the box ;).