Saturday, January 24, 2009

Scrapbooking

So today I spent the day working on my scrapbook for my oldest son. Thirteen hours of uninterrupted time to be in a room with other scrapbooking people. Stopping only to grab a quick bite to eat or run to the restroom - only if you REALLY have to go - it's a day all about getting a little farther on that lofty goal of being caught up. My son asked me to promise that I would work only on his and not on his little brother's book. We raise our boys to be sensitive and caring like that.

You should see what these scrapbooking people can do. Perfectly crafted masterpieces cover every page of their books. Most people who scrapbook are amazingly creative and artisitic. Neither of those words even come close to describing me. Here's how I function when it comes to scrapbooking:

S - Steal as many ideas from other people as possible.
C - Consume much chocolate.
R - Rely on others to pick out colors that look good together.
A - Attempt to leave people's heads on when cutting pictures.
P - Please don't laugh when you walk by my book.
B - Buy losts of permanent tape.
O - Once a page is done, move on even if it isn't perfect.
O - One color of paper is fine, two is a bonus.
K - Keep on moving - speed over beauty.
I - If the page takes more than an hour, it's too fancy for my book.
N - No flowers, no pink.
G - Gonna get more chocolate.

No comments: