Monday, January 12, 2009

Please, someone teach me how to say no....

Someday I will figure this out. I have to, right? For the sake of the people that live in this house and for my sanity, I have to. I'm just not sure when.

You have no choice, I'm sharing the crazy with you:
  • I am in charge of the chili feed for the local fire department auxiliary. In fact, for the moment, I'm in charge of the whole auxiliary. The chili feed is on Valentine's Day, so I have just over 4 weeks to figure out how this is all going to happen.
  • I am leading teacher-inservice on Monday for a small Christian school about 45 minutes from here. I've met the principal, but none of the teachers. They're mine for the whole day.
  • I host bunco at my house on Thursday. This involves lots and lots of house cleaning, snack making, and gift-card buying.
  • I am supposed to teach 10 algebra-hating students how to add abstract fractions tomorrow. I'm going to attempt to demonstrate the concept with m&m's. We'll see...
  • I spent an hour tonight trying to figure out how to change the water in the fish tank. That little fish better be alive in the morning.
  • I spent three hours making beirocks today, because someone in my family asked for them. This is great, because I'm always asking for ideas. However, next time the idea better involve take-out.
  • I'm taking 22 fifteen and sixteen year old girls to our local coffee place on Friday morning. Why? Because the boys' Bible teacher took his class to McDonalds before Christmas. Heaven forbid I wouldn't be as cool as him!
  • This is making me tired. I'm going to bed. While I sleep, I'll practice saying no...

5 comments:

flute4peace said...

Good heavens. You'd have to be crazy NOT to be crazy. I wish I could help, but I'm not good at any of those things. Well, maybe delegating for the chili feed. Can you divide up the families, and have some bring a crock-pot of chili, some bring desserts, and some bring accessories (cheese, onions, etc)?

Emily said...

The chili feed will come together. Those things always do. You'll be great at the inservice and algebra -- that's right up your alley. Tone down bunco so everyone brings a snack to share and no one gets gift cards. Just applause. Impressive work on the beirocks -- wow. Coffee with the girls will be rewarding, in the future even if not immediately. I promise.

And the fish is on his own next week.

Stephanie said...

Did you make any gluten free beirocks? I wish I was one of your students. I may actually learn algebra and I would love to go for coffee Friday morning. By the looks of your schedule you may have to start to drink coffee, yourself!

Anonymous said...

good news is that the fish is still alive... haha.

Anonymous said...

o yeah... and the fact that the bierocks tasted wonderful! thanks so much! next time it'll be somethin simple... haha. i promise. but you are super amazing!