Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Random Thoughts

The basement is scheduled to be carpeted tomorrow. I have been counting down to this day for many, many weeks. Stay tuned for drastic before and after pictures.

The reindeer cupcakes were disappointing. The cookbook neglected to mention that if you put the reindeer faces on the cupcakes and store them in a container for any length of time that the oreo cookie will get soft and the pretzels will no longer be crunchy. I probably should have known that.

Thank goodness today's "fun Christmas thing" was Take a Special Christmas Treat to a Friend. How convenient that we had cupcakes around. Wonder how that worked out so well?

My five year old and I went on the great toy clean-out today. We went through his toybox, shelf, and three living room toy baskets. He helped me decide (with a little parental persuasion) which toys to keep, which ones to pass down to little brother, and which ones to pass on to other children in need. I was proud of his willingness to get rid of stuff.

I've learned it's never safe to say "I'm done Christmas shopping." Every time I speak those words, I think of one more gift I need to purchase. I think I may need another girls' shopping weekend to finish shopping.

If I'm not alive tomorrow it's because my husband read what I just wrote about another girls' weekend.

I have been introduced to flylady.net. She overwhelms me. But I will say that at least my sink is clean, my dresser tops are not cluttered, and I completed the "throw away 27 pieces of paper" task for today. Ahhh, I can sleep tonight.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm still thinking of things to buy, too. I guess there is no such thing as being done Christmas shopping early! Plus - we still need to make up for that awful dinner. When should we go?