Thursday, December 27, 2007

Potpourri of Pointless Prose

In an effort to lift my grouch status after yesterday's post, I will happily share that the train table has redeemed itself back to "fairly appropriate with some practice" on the gift list. My children headed for the basement at 9:15 this morning, and except for the occasional outburst, I did only minimal intervening for the entire morning. It was delightful.

While they played, I cleaned out my pantry. I rearranged, threw out, wiped down shelves, organized, made lists, mopped the floor and dusted the trim. I never understand why I find things like seven ice cream bucket lids with absolutely no containers to match.

I'm having issues with writing my posts. When I want to go back and edit something I've already written above, I can't get the cursor where I want it just by clicking on that spot. Some weird cross thing shows up and a clip/print menu pops up. It takes anywhere from 4-7 tries to make it happen correctly. Anyone else having this problem or am I just a technological idiot? Be nice when you answer that.

It seems like everyone I talk to has news of the stomach flu. They are either related to, friends with, or has heard of someone who is puking. I'm locking my doors and none of us are coming out until April.

I called my husband at work this morning and asked him to stop at the library to pick up the two books that had come in for me. He said, "what are you going to do with two books?" I said, "Read them!" His response: "Because you don't have enough to do?" I think that was secret code for "The house is a disaster, why would I want to give you more reason to sit around and not take care of anything?" OK, who am I kidding. There was no secret code about that. That's just flat out what he was saying.

In the spirit of the snowy forecast, I'll share my son's favorite snow past time.

After 7 minutes out in the cold, cold snow after our last storm, he came to the door crying. He was tired of falling down and not being able to get back up, but he was begging for snow to eat. Why not. It's low cal, fat free, and cost effective.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I want to read, too! All we have is time on our hands, right?