Friday, December 21, 2007

10 Christmas Wishes

I'm stealing a friend's 10 idea for today, but really, if we're honest, it's what we are all thinking about four days before Christmas. I might not only be stealing her idea, but some of her wishes as well.

I wish for:

1. The weather to cooperate so my three out of town friends can gather together this weekend for a short but sweet Christmas moment.
2. Health. I'm scared to even mention that we've (even our extended families) been fairly healthy for many consecutive days now.
3. A quiet fire pager. No fires, no accidents, no false alarms, no CO leaks, no power line issues, no EMS back-ups. I'm guessing this might be asking for a bit too much, but I can always wish.
4. My son to learn his way around Webkinz World so computer time again becomes his thing instead of our thing.
5. To cook as little as possible.
6. To somehow minimize "gift getting" and focus on giving.
7. A strong, healthy back for my mom so she can enjoy the holidays without pain.
8. Safety for all those traveling here and there and everywhere.
9. To feel after the final Christmas family celebration that it wasn't all a blur of frantic activity, but a special time of togetherness and sharing.
10. To keep the main thing the main thing. I want my children to remember the baby in the manger, the special gift from God, and that the story doesn't end with the birth of Jesus. And that it's not just a "story", but everyday truth for all who are willing to accept the gift.

No comments: