Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Action Research Data - Week Two

Two weeks down.

If you missed the background information, go here and then here.

It's time for the weekly update. 

Here's the summary -- eating whole foods and whole foods only is hard.  Stinkin' hard. 

It takes a ton of time to plan and prepare meals and to pack lunches for school.  Social eating is almost nonexistent.  Eating out, extended family dinners, reunions, church potlucks, and funeral dinners have all been a struggle.  I have been intentionally avoiding situations where I have to say..."I'm doing this action research project on myself...".

In case you were wondering, the honeymoon "excitement from starting something new" has worn off. 

That is the bad news.

The good news is that this strategy is working (either that or I want it to work so badly that I have convinced myself that it is working!). My pain and discomfort are decreasing and my energy level is increasing.  Again, this is hard to measure, but I honestly feel that great gains have been made this week.  Enough gain, in fact, that I am going to continue on and collect data for at least one more week even though I could technically stop at this point. 

Which makes me either:

1) Very committed to this little project.

...or....

2) Borderline crazy.

I'll let you know next week.

No comments: