Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Glass Half....




FULL: Girls' weekend with lots of shopping, fine dining, and present wrapping. Ahhh...


EMPTY: Monday morning arrived. Back to the real world.

FULL: Monday evening ushered in a snow storm which brought us not one, but TWO days with no school.

EMPTY: Monday evening ushered in a snow storm which brought my husband not one...or two...but several fire/EMS calls, very little sleep, and a massive final to study for (well, that wasn't the snowstorm's fault).

FULL: The boys were thrilled with the snow.

It appears to make a tasty snack. I hope the dog didn't pee there. Or the 68 other places in the yard where he ate the snow.

EMPTY: Where is my other son, you ask? Inside on the couch with a fever. And a headache, a stomachache, a sore throat, and pink-eye. What?? I'm thinking someone was milking it for all it was worth; however, I have proof of the fever, the pink eye, and the contents of the stomach.

FULL: The sickness was incredibly short-lived, he didn't have school anyway, and the only thing that really required treatment was the pink-eye.

EMPTY: My three year old is in rare form - hitting, flinging ornaments off the tree, and dumping an entire brand new bottle of shampoo into the bathtub.

FULL: I am getting really creative in the consequence department.

EMPTY: And really grumpy, fed up, and just plain not very nice.

FULL: In spite of that, it seems I should end on full.....it is -2 outside and I am blessed with a cozy, warm house. It's all about perspective. I wish I could remember that the other 23 hours and 56 minutes of the day.

1 comment:

Huxman Family said...

Thanks for putting it in perspective for us all. I love the full and empty concept - I'll try to remember that more than the 5 minutes I usually do a day:) Hope the kids are all better.