Saturday, August 22, 2009

PARANOID

Last month I had to have a CT scan. They told me not to eat or drink anything after midnight and I was to report in at 10:00 a.m. That sounded simple enough to me. I got up the morning of the CT scan, showered, got ready, woke up my boys, started making breakfast, took a bite of peaches and a drink of.....AGH!! I was amazed at how I completely spaced out the fact that I was not supposed to eat or drink anything before my scan!

Yesterday was my gallbladder surgery. and it hit me Thursday night that I could NOT eat or drink anything when I woke up in the morning. You would think that would not be hard to remember, especially in light of it being a SURGERY and all, but I was a bit paranoid that I would mess up. So I prepared...
...the bathroom mirror - most likely the first thing I would see after I got up.
...the kitchen faucet...
...the pantry...

...and the refrigerator...

...which backfired on me since my 6 yo decided to yell at me every time I opened a door with a NO sign on it. I quickly informed him that if he wanted any breakfast that morning or a lunch for school, it would be in his best interest to put a lid on it.

1 comment:

kranberry216 said...

I think it's funny that your paper is a medication pad from a pharmaceutical rep. Very appropriate. :) Hope you are feeling better and stronger each day! Take it easy!