Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Day of First Grade

First words I heard this morning: "Mom, I'm a little nervous."

First thing he wanted to do: Go out and play with the dog.

First day of school breakfast: Scrambled Eggs and Sausage

First reaction to school clothes: "Oh man, school clothes again. But I like new shoes!"

First morning of getting ready: EASY (If only the whole year would be like this!)

First words when we drove into the parking lot: "Now I'm even nervouser."

First words when he walked out of school: "First grade is not any harder than Kindergarten."

First pictures:


Very proud of his new backpack that we got in Illinois:


So far, so good.

His very sweet teacher.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hurray! I'm so glad it went well!

A couple of observations:

1. That is one BIG backpack! Let's hope he doesn't have enough homework to fill it.

2. His teacher looks *really* young. (But then again, my first-year law students were born in 1987. 1987!?!)

carolyn said...

i'm so glad he enjoyed his first day. i hope he does realy well this year...!