Wednesday, August 12, 2009

All In A Day's Work

Last week I watched my sister-in-law's four kids while she went to the dentist. For two-and-a-half hours I barely saw the kids - hers or mine. All six children (ages 10, 8, 6, 5, and two 3 year olds) played together beautifully outside and in the basement. It was a fantastic morning.

So when she asked if I would watch them today so she could take their foreign exchange student shopping, I said, "Sure!". I was looking forward to getting a few things done.

Here are some highlights of the day:

*"He is being mean to me!"

*Ding Dong.

*"Kids, just open the door. It's not locked. You do not have to ring the doorbell."

*Ding Dong.

*Me: "Kids, what are you doing with those Walmart sacks?"
Them: "We are going to put them over the 3 year olds' heads."

*Ding Dong.

*"My mom knows which shoe goes on which foot."

*"I found a roly-poly!"
"Great, you can play with it on the porch."
"NO! I want to play with it inside!"

*Ding Dong.

*"Can we have a snack?"
"What do you want?"
"Those things we had last time."
"Crackers?"
"NO! Those things we had last time."
"What did you have?"
"The things we had last time!!"

It is 10:45 a.m.


**Disclaimer: Lest you think I am not a nice aunt, my kids were fully involved in this list also!!

1 comment:

carolyn said...

that's a bummer... sounds exciting though! :)