Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Time to Breathe

I love days like this. I cannot remember the last time I was able to stay home all day. I haven't showered, I'm still in my pajamas, and the children are entertaining themselves. Sure, the house is a wreck, the laundry is not done, and my suitcase is still 1/2 packed from my trip last week, but I finally sat down and caught up on everyone's blogs and made it back to my own. I was seriously contemplating not returning here, because there are just moments when I can't fit in one.more.thing. But after catching up on everyone else, I realized this is a piece I'm not quite ready to let go of yet.

But I feel disconnected. I haven't watched TV in weeks, or read a book in months. I haven't talked to friends for days that I usually check in with regularly. In fact, one of my closest friends called this morning and she had moved to a new house since I talked to her a couple of weeks ago. WHAT?!?!
So, I must say, I am very thankful for few days of rest this week, and only three weeks to plow through before Christmas break is upon us.

I am going to try to take some time this week to enjoy the simple and overlooked things in life...such as...
~Enjoying the numerous and unique differences in my children (their pictures say it all).
~Times of complete silliness.


~Dreaming of what we might be someday...


~Celebrating successes, no matter how small.

~Gaining a little sweet revenge...all in fun of course (I had to get her back).

~Thanking God for the blessing of my family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are super duper mean! i can't believe you put that picture up... big mean-box! and my mohawk i gave connor looks better than yours... haha!

Stephanie said...

Welcome Back!!

Steph said...

I hear ya. We all need the rest. We've been going going non-stop for a while too.