Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Today marked the first time in my 33 years of existence that I set my alarm to get up to go shopping on Black Friday. I've attempted shopping on this day before, but never at the sacrifice of sleep to make it happen. Before you think I've gone completely crazy, my alarm went off at 6:00 a.m., not 3:00 a.m. like many I saw today, but nonetheless, it still felt ridiculous to be driving to the mall before sunrise.


Never before have I experienced...

~So many females shopping who looked like they just rolled out of bed (me included...).

~People pushing three or four stuffed carts at one time.

~Making a decision to buy a TV in about 5 minutes time.

~Someone telling me that her husband has been searching all over town for a Leapster...at 7:30 in the morning.

~Having 10 hours of shopping time with my husband and no kids.

~Standing in a line to check out and not being able to see the register.

~Having this much of my Christmas shopping done before December 1. It was totally worth it!

1 comment:

Steph said...

I used to be one of those people who shopped at the crack of dawn, no wait, before the crack of dawn. This year, I slept in until about 8:30am. Glad you had a good day shopping. :)