Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend Wrap-up


*I just ate the last piece of cherry pie (sniff, sniff). My mom makes it every year and it is always my Thanksgiving indulgence. Granted, it's "no sugar added" so my dad can eat it, but it definitely doesn't qualify as healthy.

*My son's stomach bug was a 24 hour thing, praise the Lord, and so far (I don't even want to say this out loud...) no one else has gotten anything. Even his 4 cousins that he played with for about 16 hours before it hit. Maybe he is really allergic to something?

*We actually put our Christmas tree up. We figured out a way to make the living room furniture fit and the boys had a great time. I'm glad I don't have to spend this week seeing everyone else's tree and listening to begging children.

*The basement is officially ready for carpet! There is still lots to do - light fixtures, switch covers, window trim...but the carpet could enter at any moment. Too bad it's not scheduled for another week.

*I got to spend Wednesday evening with my out-of-town girlfriends. It's rare moments that they all cruise through the area at relatively the same time. We did the typical stuff: ate a lot, talked a lot, laughed a lot, and talked about next time we'd see each other.

*I spent some time helping in my 5 year old's Sunday School Class and realized that he is like cling wrap. Then I spent some time in my 1 year old's nursery room and realized that he speaks 100 DECIBELS LOUDER AND WITH MORE WHINY EMPHASIS (you'll have to imagine the tone and volume) than any other child (ages 1-4) in there.

*I actually accomplished a few organizational things - cleaned out the cabinets in the bathroom and the utility room. How can one be storing so much trash without knowing it?

*Discovered that my 1 year old thinks Santa Claus is Goliath. That took some figuring out, but after the third time we finally realized what he was saying.

*We packed my husband up for a business trip. I have a feeling the kids are going to freak out when they see the airport tomorrow. England is a little too fresh in their memories.
*Watched Extreme Makeover Home Edition tonight and spent a little more time being very thankful for my family, our health, and the lack of drama that we have had to face compared to many families in America.


No comments: