Sunday, February 23, 2014

How To Make Kids Happy

This morning I stayed home from church with my youngest child because he had a nasty sounding croupy cough that no one wanted to be near.

My oldest son stayed home with us as well. (Note to self - this was a very, very bad idea. Never again let both children stay home when only one is sick.  It does not bode well for anyone involved.)

Not 30 minutes after my dear husband left for church, my oldest came trudging up the steps after I asked him to put a few items of laundry away in his closet.  He loudly declared, "Mom, I know the secret for how parents can always make their children happy."

I cheerfully reminded him that I did not, in fact, ask for advice on how to make my children happy all the time, but he continued to share anyway.

It went like this...


"Step 1: Tell your kids that they are going to take a trip to anywhere they want to go.
 Step 2: Tell your kids that they can do anything they want to for a whole week.
 Step 3: Tell your kids they can take a trip anywhere they want AND do anything they want for a whole week.
Step 4: Do it all again.
Step 5: Never have any chores for us to do ever again."

My goal is to raise kind, unselfish, responsible adult males.

I'm almost there, don't ya think?

YIKES.



No comments: