Saturday, June 9, 2012

Harvest Wrap-up

Harvest 2012 has come and gone.  It is the earliest we have EVER harvested (and when I say "we", I mean ever in my FIL's 71 years of life!).   In fact, harvest was finished before the cutting typically starts.  The week was full of its typical crazy harvest schedules, a severe lack of sleep, and lots of filthy, happy kids. 

There were a lot of combine rides...

Wheat truck rides...

And filling of time while waiting to ride some more.

There was plenty of silliness...

And playing in the wheat.

Next time you eat bread, try not to think about what all the kids do in the wheat before it ever hits the Coop.

Usually they climb in the wheat trucks, but this year they added in a new toy to play in.

I did not forgot that I have another child.  Unfortunately, after a few days of harvest, he was just doing a lot of this....

And this....

He is more than happy that harvest is over. 

No comments: