Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 2

WARNING:  This post will scream TOURIST.



See, I told you so.

We started off the day by practicing our stellar camera skills. 


Of which we have none.

Reptile Gardens was for the little guy.  He loved it.  We took in an alligator/crocodile show -- where my 9 year old and I were sure this guy was going to get eaten alive.


We also saw a snake show -- where my 9 year old and I were sure this guy was going to get bitten by a poisonous snake or choked to death.


They also had a bird show.  It sounds lame, but I was shocked at how funny it was.  Here my 9 year old almost got his head taken off by this falcon.


 Amazingly enough, if you ask my oldest if he liked Reptile Gardens, I'm pretty sure he would say yes.

Next we went here.


We walked up to the National Monument Grand View Balcony and these were the first words out of my kids' mouths:

9 year old:  Now tell me again who they all are.  I know George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, but I can't remember the other two.  And which number of president was each one? 

6 year old:  Are these guys all dead?

Yep, that pretty much sums up my kids. 

No comments: