Sunday, January 15, 2012

On Saturday I took my 5 year old out on his very first date with one of his favorite girls.

She meets all his qualifications:
Loves bugs.
Loves spiders.
Loves snakes.
Love lizards.
Makes him laugh.

What else is there?

Nevermind the age difference. 

When she's 58 and he's 53, no one will think anything of it. 


They went to The Bug Lady's Science Academy.  This place is great - lots of hands-on creepy crawlies to thrill every bug/spider/animal crazed child.


I was happy to stand back and take pictures...


....and let the kids get up close and personal with the rodents.  GULP. 

Hairless rats are creepy....in case you ever wondered.

The best part, however, is that  parents drop their kids off.  And LEAVE.  For three solid hours.  Broke my heart.


When we arrived at noon to pick the kids up, there was a boy sitting by the front door holding a snake.  It was nearly enough to keep me from going inside.  Two other kids had snakes, too.  One of them was this girl.  I stood far back and zoomed in.


I am not wired to be okay with ferrets, snakes, rats, cockroaches, and bearded dragons all being out of their cages AT THE SAME TIME.

But these kids thought it was A.W.E.S.O.M.E. 

And I got to be hero mom for the day.  Win-win.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

And I got to spend three solid hours (kidless) with one of my favorite people!