Monday, November 14, 2011

NINE

My oldest child turned nine a couple of weeks ago.  I just now realized that I never wrote a birthday post for him.  I had great intentions.....really. 

NINE. 

Last year of single digits.

Halfway to 18. 

That's just OLD.

This birthday had a little less hoopla than the past couple of years.  This was mostly because his birthday present arrived a little early this year.  Remember the innocent conversation in Walmart that started this whole deal?  It has taken on a life of its own.

Therefore, in honor of my son's 9th birthday, here are 9 reasons why this mama gets a little more nervous each day that goes by.

1.  What started as a "Can we go look at a dirt bike, dad?" quickly became a motorcycle, helmet, and a dirt bike track.  Complete with hills and jumps.
 


2.  I'm feeling the need to start a cookie jar fund for ER visits.




3.  I should have known trouble was coming when he said that it would be much more fun if he had someone to ride with.




4.  Enter grandpa's four wheeler.  {Sigh.}  Why is this more fun?  Because they can have deep, meaningful converations while driving??




5.  Enter 5 year old on four wheeler.  Yeah, that makes me feel lots better.




6.  I'm gonna need to get a 2nd job to pay for ER visits.




7.  Enter new toy for daddy. 




8. Did anyone else notice that there is a helmet missing?  And a license plate....and insurance, although that would be difficult to detect in a picture.  Those will be coming shortly.

9.  This is not exactly what I had in mind when I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that my devotion time was lacking and I needed to be more intentional about prayer. 

However, it worked.

And my boys are loving.every.minute, so I'm good with it.

Until we are on our way to the ER.  Then....possibly....not so much.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

surely there is a country song in there somewhere!