Saturday, October 29, 2011

Holding It All Together?

Just the other day someone at school asked me how I hold it all together.  I'm still wondering what her definition of 'hold it all together' is.

I was secretly laughing to myself.

Or crying.

I'm not sure which.

Because the honest answer is....

I DON'T.

There just seem to be moments when things spin out of control.  Trust me, when I say out of control, I mean out of control. 

And if evidence is needed, here it is.  This is what this room looked like this morning. 

Apparently my camera date is running as far behind as I am.


This is my utility room....laundry room....whatever you want to call it.  It is the first room we walk into when coming in from the garage.  It is the first room where the kids throw down their coats and bags.  There are typically no less than 6 pairs of shoes somewhere in this room at all times.

It is also the room where the laundry piles up.  I am still trying to solve the mystery of how clothes can be 18 inches from the laundry basket, but never actually IN the basket.  That must be a rule somewhere in the male manual. 

This is the room that is the catch-all from the stuff we carry in from the car, the room where all the pagers are charged, and the room with the shredder and the paper to recycle.

This is also the room where everything gets thrown when the rest of the house is clean and we have people coming over and we just didn't get it all done in time.

This is the room that drives.me.crazy.

Until today.



This now might be my new favorite room. 

It is currently bringing me great happiness. 

Disturbing amounts of happiness, which I am OK with. 

Right now I am practicing not going a little ballistic at the first kid who tries to throw his junk on my floor.

No comments: