Friday, August 19, 2011

The Weight of the World

I've always wondered about that saying.


Because, really, does anyone actually know how much the world weighs?  Has someone literally put it on a scale?


This week I am not wondering so much. 


I guess that is the answer.  When you feel the weight of the world on your shoulders, you just know it.


And it is........HEAVY.


Here's the thing.  At the moment, the weight is not coming from a load of junk happening directly to me.  I am not sifting through rubble or putting pieces back together.


The weight is coming from feeling HELPLESS.  All of the sudden there is so much going on around me.  People are hurting.  People are sick.  People need answers.


I don't have them.


Family members are in the hospital. Family members are hurting each other. It's a mixed up mess of emotions.
 
Still no answers.
 
I have two brothers-in-law.  (Which, by the way, has always sounded like the most ridiculous plural form of a word.)  Both of them are spinning in cycles of grief.  One has been in ICU for five days.  He is not doing well.  The other suddenly lost his 30-something younger brother yesterday morning. 

Helpless.

There are no words.  Just love.  Support.  And carrying each other's burdens.

1 comment:

~Kristin~ said...

Rhonda~ I hear you...
Complications abound.
Praying for your family and wishing you a great school year!
Love, Kristin