Friday, March 18, 2011

March Madness

My family loves March Madness.

The other morning we heard the DJ on the radio talking about how his kids and wife fill out their tournament brackets based on things like uniform colors, location of teams, and if they like the mascot. My son thought these people were C.R.A.Z.Y.

This year my husband, kids, and I made a friendly little bet on the tournament bracket. We are frantically keeping score throughout the tournament, and the winner gets a day off. For either of my boys, that would mean no chores for a day and unlimited TV, computer, and wii. For me, it would mean no cooking, cleaning, or kid care. I'm thinking hours of reading, scrapbooking, or shopping sounds REALLY good. For my husband....well, let's just hope he's a bad bracket-filler-outer.

I am happy to report I am currently in FIRST PLACE. Tied with my 5 year old, which just makes us all laugh. He has no clue. To fill out his bracket, his older brother read down the list, two at a time, and had him choose the team he thought would win. The little guy chose the first name given to him every single time. Lucky for him, when you read down a bracket, the FIRST team listed has the higher ranking.

So, for now, we are reveling in the glory of being the leaders. I see a beautiful day of rest in my future!

No comments: