Tuesday, March 22, 2011

HAPPY ADOPTION DAY!

When I said those words this morning, my son stared at me with a funny, questioning little look in his eye.

He knows he's adopted. He could tell you that I was not the one who gave birth to him. He knows we flew to another state right before he was born, and that he flew on an airplane back with us when he was 9 days old.

But he still doesn't quite get it. He does not ask questions. He does not wonder how it all works. He does not ask whose tummy he grew in.

And that's OK.


I know the questions will come eventually. Some of them will be hard. Very hard.

But here is what's cool.

Adoption is so NORMAL in our world.

While we were having this little adoption discussion this morning, I immediately thought of 9 kids who are either close friends, in preschool, or in Sunday School with him. I LOVE this.

It doesn't mean there won't be issues, or that it will be easy.

But it does make me feel very blessed.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Adoption AND Brothers day!! Seems like yesterday....