Friday, November 19, 2010

Not My Greatest Moments

Although Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and we are supposed to be focusing on things we are thankful for, I cannot help but recognize that I have had several not-so-glorious moments lately. In fact, a few have dropped me right smack-dab in the "bad mom/bad wife" category.

**My 4 yo has been having a hard time lately. I noticed a change in his behavior the last 2 weeks of my sub job, but I thought things would get better as soon as I was home more. Instead, things are worse.

Here are some quotes from the email his preschool teacher sent me today...."I pulled him aside and had little talk with him about what was upsetting him. He said he did not like change and not knowing what is going on."

Great. That makes me feel good.

"Then he told me he was upset that he did not know what we were having for snack, so I told him what it was."

Great. Now his preschool teacher probably thinks I don't feed him.

"I did ask if he was worried about Thanksgiving coming and he said no. But he was worried about Christmas. It was too long of a wait and he did not know what he was his gifts will be."

OK, that just makes me laugh.

**I have discovered that my son can sing the entire theme song word-for-word of Dinosaur Train, Sid the Science Kid, and Martha Speaks; however, he does not know a complete verse of "Jesus Loves Me".

**Last night I loaded all my pictures in so I could order them and begin working on my scrapbooks over the holidays. I quickly realized that the only two events I have documented since August are my son's birthday and Halloween. No first day of school pictures, no soccer pictures, no fall outdoor pictures. I'm considering restaging the first day of school. I'm sure no one would notice.....

**My 8 yo has a major attitude. His new favorite phrase is, "Oh, come on!", which by now makes me want to pull out my fingernails one by one. Better mine than his, I guess.

*And the worst one...I have lost my wedding ring. We were planning to get it resized next week when we went shopping, and I haven't seen it since Wednesday. I have now looked everywhere it could logically be (other than the only two places I keep it - in the jewelry box and on my finger), and so far, no ring. I am beginning to panic.

But....In the spirit of Thanksgiving....I am thankful that I have not yet received one of these:




No comments: