Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cleaning Day

Today is cleaning day. There is no way I will get everything done that I need to (especially when I take time out to do things like write a blog post), but I have no plans, no agenda, and no reason to leave the house today. That, combined with the fact that I still have not found my wedding ring, made today THE DAY.

I have discovered, or possibly more accurately stated, I have been reminded of a few small issues that I have.

1. I have come to hate stickers. When I began my teaching career, I loved stickers. Little kids love stickers, even high schoolers love stickers, so I aimed to please by happily stickering their papers at school. Here's the deal: that is where the stickers should stay. AT SCHOOL. Today I have found stickers on their beds, on the dressers, in the carpet, on their clothes (after being washed and dried - ARG!!), and on their toys.

2. On that same note, I despise sticky-tack. The "thing" that wouldn't vacuum up off the boys' bedroom floor? Yep, sticky-tack. Ground in, stuck, not going anywhere. Here in a few minutes, my children are going to learn a hard and painful lesson about using sticky-tack. After that, the use of it by children will be forbidden and will be punished on the same level as if they were to purposefully set fire to the house.

3. Cheap toilet bowl cleaner stinks. Not as in smells bad....well, that too....but spend the money, people! It is just one more lesson in 'you get what you pay for'.

4. The vacuum cleaner does not work very well when the attachable hose is still connected to the 'attachment tools' device. Too bad I had vacuumed an entire room before I figured that out.

5. Eight hours gone and still no ring. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

No comments: