Saturday, February 27, 2010

Living Amidst the Crazy

In the relay race of blog-slacking, the baton has officially been handed off to me.

At 11:00 Tuesday night, I was trying to unwind my brain, so I wrote a blog post about what was up in my world. When I was ONE sentence from finishing the post, I somehow selected all the text and deleted it before I even knew what was happening.


I groaned, and then had a brilliant idea. Since blogger automatically saves throughout the writing process, 'edit posts' should have nearly all my data! I quickly went there while patting myself on the back for my ingenious plan. I found this:

ke

Apparently my brain was not quick enough. And the autosave is a little too quick.


So here I am again, trying to remember what has been taking up all my precious time.

On Sunday - Wednesday, I served on an accreditation team with three men. It was non-stop working from 7:00 a.m. each morning to 11:00 p.m. each night, with a few nice breaks for some fine dining. Being the lone female has its perks. Never in my life have I had so many doors opened for me, bags carried, trash cleared, drinks refilled....whoever said chivalry is dead is dead wrong. I think my husband was a little scared I was coming home spoiled rotten.

In the midst of the team visit, my grandfather got very sick. We are expecting the call any day that will put us on the road to Illinois for the funeral.

As a result, we canceled my son's tonsillectomy. It was supposed to be yesterday, but since the doctors did not want him traveling for around two weeks, we are postponing it for at least a month.

Also during the team visit, the girl who lives with us wrecked her car 1/4 mile from our house. Bridges, ice, and rear-wheel vehicles are not a good mix. We are thankful that the worst thing that happened is her car being totaled.

There's the update. I can officially pass the blog-slacking baton to someone else.

No comments: