Wednesday, December 24, 2008

We interrupt this Christmas song...

for a silly kid moment.


It used to be that when kids would say something really cute or memorable, people would say, "Oh you have to write that in their baby book." Now when something funny happens, I find myself saying, "You HAVE to blog about that."


Interestingly enough, I am way better about blogging those moments than getting out the baby books anyway. So, in lieu of locating and dusting them off, here's what had me laughing today.


Those of you who know my 2 year old have noticed that he has a bit of a thumbsucking habit. Well, today, for the first time ever he came up to me and asked if I would wash off his thumb. Thinking he must have something on his thumb that doesn't taste the best (not gonna mention what I thought it might be), I said, "Sure, what's on your thumb?" He paused for a moment, obviously trying to come up with the right word, and said, "ummm...sucking stuff?"


To which I replied, "Your thumb is just wet? You want me to dry it off?"

"Yes. Dry it off."

And so I dried it for him, and asked, "Why do you need it dry? Just so you can put it in your mouth again?"

"Yep." And off he went.


Apparently he got a memo today that the most sophisticated thumbsuckers only suck DRY thumbs.


I'm waiting for him to get the memo about the fact that he is going to have to wear braces for 10 years if he doesn't stop.right.now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe, maybe not..about those braces. I sucked my thumb for years...years!! and the dentist said my teeth are perfect. =)

flute4peace said...

That's so funny! K2 sucked her left thumb (she was a thumb snob, apparently), and would call it her "sucking thumb". She wouldn't even let Grandma put nail polish on it. And there is hope - she finally quit the night before the first day of school. Hehe.