Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Stupid Me #2

December is turning in to be the month of posts of stupid things I have done. If things don't turn around soon, I am going to be really fed up with myself by Christmas.


Saturday and Sunday I went on a fabulous girls shopping weekend with two of my friends. We did lots of shopping, saw a movie, wrapped gifts, stayed the night, and shopped some more. Oh, and I had my Chinese restaurant initiation. Here's proof of me at PF Changs, my very first experience at Chinese dining.





On to the stupid part...Saturday afternoon we made a trip to Beau Monde, where I stocked up on $70 worth of make-up. Later that day we unloaded the car (so we could shop some more) and carried everything to the hotel room, where the make-up sat untouched for the rest of the time.

Monday morning when I was getting ready, I couldn't find my precious bag of supplies. I looked around a little bit, but just assumed it must not have gotten unloaded at my house with all my other bags. So I called to check. No, no make-up there. So I called to check my second possibility. No, no make-up there. So I called the hotel. No, no make-up there. I have to admit, the first thought that went through my head was that the hotel cleaning lady just got a REALLY nice early Christmas present. It's terrible that I thought that, but I did.

For the next couple of hours I beat myself up that I had been so careless, why didn't we double check the room one more time, why have I become so irresponsible, blah, blah, blah.

Then I got the phone call. The people at the hotel found my bag. It was safe and waiting for the rightful owner.

Ahhhhh. The phone call didn't do anything to fix my stupidity, but it sure did make me feel better.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't forget the early phone call to me... ya weirdo! haha

kranberry216 said...

Whatever! How come you'd never go to Changs with me? I'll forgive you IF you save the Starbucks initiation for me...