Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Fighting the Big, Green Monster...

I've been noticing that I have had a lot of trouble lately being thankful for the many blessings in my life. I have probably spent more time focusing on friends and family members who have employers that provide vehicles for the family, the fuel that goes into those vehicles, free hotel from travel, frequent flyer miles to use anywhere they want, and on and on. Or, I get overly focused on the fact that I'm not able to shop whenever I want to or even go out to eat on a whim. I know if I look at the big picture that there may be disadvantages to these things, but sometimes I still get caught in the grasp of the monster of envy. So, I am dedicating today to focusing on the many things I am so very thankful for, because ultimately I know I have been blessed beyond measure.

Thanksgiving for...

~A wonderful husband who truly is my best friend.

~Two beautiful children (pictured above) who call me mommy (or mmmooooommmmmmm [add much volume and the tone of your choice]...depending on what they want...)

~Our God who is in control of this crazy universe we live in.

~A house that would meet our needs even if the size of our family would double (please God, don't have THAT much of a sense of humor...)

~Two sets of parents who would lay down their lives for us and who spoil the grandchildren - not rotten, but just right.

~Friends who surround me with love and laughter.

~A church home and family to call our own.

~The four seasons of the year so we never get bored.

~Long walks, bike rides, camping at the lake, playing in the park, movie and pizza picnics in the living room, family dinners at grandmas, swimming, and building snowmen (not all on the same day...).

I'm sure there are many more, but the laundry is calling my name. Do I have to be thankful about that??


3 comments:

Jamie said...

Beautiful post! Thanks for the reminder that giving thanks should come in spite of the dirty laundry or high fevers!

Anonymous said...

Wow...thanks for the reminder that I need to have my priorities in check, too!!! You have MUCH to be thankful for...what a great list! I love the pics of the boys...they're growing so fast!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. Thanks for being MY inspiration today! Steph