Thursday, November 6, 2014

You caught what?

Tonight when I walked into the house, my son's first words were, "Mom, do you know what a silverfish looks like?"

"A silver fish?"

"Yeah."

"Um, sure, I know what a silver fish looks like."

"Great," he said, "I think I caught one. Look in this jar and see if this is a silverfish."

Wait...what?  "You caught a silver fish in a jar? When?"

"Today. Here, look."



Ahhh...A silverfish.  Not a silver fish. Who knew.

"How in the world have you ever heard of a silverfish?"

His reply, "From Minecraft.  And the bug book great grandma gave me."

Of course.

"Mom, do you know what a silverfish eats?"

"No, sorry, I have no idea."

His brother chimed in, "Why would you think she would know that?"

"Well, I don't know.  I thought maybe she interacted with silverfish in college or something."

Seriously...those were his exact words..."...maybe she interacted with silverfish in college...".

No, son, sorry.

No interaction with silverfish.

I am such an uncool mom.

No comments: